The School of Public Health Library
School of Public Health Library is open to the staff, faculty, researchers, graduates and undergraduates from the nation’s universities, as well as other health and scientific professionals. The Library is open during the School’s regular business hours: 8:00-5:00pm Monday through Friday. The Library closes on weekends, vacations and on national holidays.
The collection includes the following:
Books, project reports, directories, CD-ROMs, grey literature from Ministry of Health/Ghana Health Services; On-line resources and databases, Staff publications (Journal articles / monographs / theses and students’ project works). Serial holdings.
Automation of Library Materials
In line with the philosophy of the School which is “School of Public Health without walls” the library extends beyond the physical structure. It is has successfully joined the automation project of materials and services of all libraries in the University of Ghana system and thus provides access to a wide range of materials to its users. The project, Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) is under the management of the Balme Library, the main library of the University. Link to : http://library.ug.edu.gh and have access to more Online journals, books and databases.
Some on-line resources that make valuable contributions to teaching, learning and research.
HINARI http://www.healthintwernetwork.org., AGORA http://www.aginternetwork.org and OARE http://www.oaresciences.org
- Africa Journals On line (AJOL) http://www.ajol.info/index
- African Index Medicus http://indexmedicus.afro.who.int
- Bioline International http://bioline.org
- BioMed Central http://www.biomedcentral
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention http://www.cdc.gov
- Centre for Health and Dev. UK http://www.ucl.ac.uk/igh
- irectory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) http://www.doaj.org
- Essential Health Links http://www.healthnet.org
Free Medical Journals http://www.freemedicaljournals.com
- Ghana Medical Journal http://www.ghanamedassn.org/journal
- Impact Malaria http://www.impact-malaria.com
- Popline http://db.jhuccp.org/ics-wpd/popweb
- Pubmed http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez
- Pubmed Central http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov
- Roll Back Malaria http://www.rollbackmalaria.org
- UNICEF http://www.unicef.org
- University of Ghana Libraries System OPAC http://library.ug.edu.gh